Web Management for Business
Proactive maintenance and management is often an afterthought for many businesses. Whoever is designated to take care of the website often does so without immediate access to technical support. The urgent need for that support is often prompted by a crisis created by hackers, or a broken site due to out-of-date software. The employment of a manager is often not cost-effective for a small to medium-sized business.
To get fast and efficient advice and assistance for a variety of web issues, sign up today at my WMS NZ website. Alternatively, send an enquiry using the form below.
The “do it yourself” approach to web management can be costly when something inevitably goes wrong. The combination of other workloads (and skills deficit) generally means problems go unnoticed and unresolved for months. Worse, it is usually out of date and software updates invariably include security fixes. Without in-depth knowledge and experience of web security maintenance, there’s likely neither web application firewall nor brute force login protection. Or if installed, they’re not configured correctly. All of this makes your site an inviting and easy target for the nefarious members of the dark web.
Furthermore, if pages are not optimised in terms of page load speed optimisation, it’s as slow as a wet week and being penalised by Google’s search ranking algorithms.
A web management company should provide a comprehensive maintenance strategy and provide an array of measures to protect your valuable data from hackers and from loss. Think of it as a pre-emptive Disaster Recovery Plan.
The average business owner usually does none of this because they are either blissfully unaware of the threats, or may not understand the technology, terminology and techniques involved.
That’s where I come in! I manage all the awkward web managing stuff, freeing you up to do what you do best. You have the peace of mind knowing that;
- All sensible measures are in place to prevent a problem from arising.
- Should a problem arise, I will solve it at no additional cost
Our management packages include;
- Daily CMS Software Upgrade Checks for your CMS software and plugins to ensure you’ve got the latest security updates, bug fixes and product enhancements installed immediately that they are available.
- Installation of Backup & Restore Software, for your CMS and automation of rigorous backup schedule. If possible, use an application that provides a Backup and restoration function plus scheduling of backups to off-site to secure storage.
- Database Backups – daily backup of the database, daily or weekly backup of files depending on activity and export to secure Cloud storage (Dropbox, Google).
- Full Backup – via Cpanel, plus establishment documentation, original images etc. to Dropbox.
- Installation of Firewall Security – Installation of a WAF (Web Application Firewall). For static HTML, the 6G WAF can be installed.
- Installation of Caching – I can implement various page load speed options in .htaccess.
- Evaluate and process link exchange requests for you. Link requests will be assessed and processed on your behalf.
- Anti-Spam – Installation and configuration of the Cpanel “Spam Assassin” email spam filter.
- Checks on blacklisting & malware (http://sitecheck.sucuri.net)
- Web Page Maintenance – we will do any quick amendments to pages, correcting typographical errors, and fixing broken hyperlinks.
- Emergency Technical Support Response for urgent repairs, maintenance, WordPress hacked web repair and self-inflicted breakages…
Not covered: significant enhancements and development.
Annual Corporate Maintenance Plan Costs:
- NZ$99.95 per month – plus a Set-up Fee of NZ$250
- NZ$1,200 per year – if paid in advance
I take care of all the technical aspects, leaving you and your free to work on your core business activities!
If you require additional input to help your business, I can also provide that.
For example, some clients need a web manager for small business maintenance and support services and assistance with;
- Managing user registration and comments
- Evaluating and processing link requests
- Supervision of content categorisation
- Coaching and additional support for multiple staff members.
Please feel free to ask how I can assist in your particular circumstances!
Page last Updated on 1st October 2023 by the author Ben Kemp