Content Management Systems website software such as WordPress, forums and web directories evolve in terms of functionality, versatility, and adherence to web standards. A good CMS saves you money in web maintenance costs by making it extremely easy for you or your staff to edit on-page content via a user-friendly web browser interface, from anywhere, at any time. CMS come in various forms…
Personal websites for a travel or food blog, photo essays and sharing your philosophy and life experiences..
Want to build an online community for folks interested in a particular activity, interest or location?
Thinking about building a niche directory in a specific genre, or a broader business or local community..
A well-designed and implemented CMS built by a skilled design agency saves you money if there’s a need for the addition of new functionality, due to the availability of off-the-shelf “plugin” modules for a wide range of applications.
Let us give you a quote for your CMS development, or website makeover, based on a WordPress open-source content management system…
- Open source CMS saves you time and money in deployment due to reduced customised development requirements.
- CMS software allows multiple people to edit content from a web browser, anywhere – e.g.; at work or at home.
- WP allows for mobile responsive design.
Web Content Management System
I love the WordPress CMS! Whilst it started off life as a blog platform, consecutive version releases over the past decade have greatly expanded it into a dynamic web content management system, with truly excellent features.
- It’s a ‘lightweight’ CMS in terms of code bloat, producing nice, crisp and cleanly coded pages!
- It includes strict adherence to CSS, HTML, and XHTML web standards!
- A “simple CMS” – it’s easy to work with for web designers, developers and owners
- This gives visitors a positive experience due to structured navigation, good design interfaces, and fast page load times!
- It’s got excellent Search Engine Optimisation functionality, and a good range of plugin SEO modules to ensure control over all off-page elements, including Titles, Descriptions, Keywords and even URL formatting (page file names).
- RSS feeds are standard, meaning that it can be configured for maximum indexing by Google et al.
- CMS templates – a huge and growing range of classy templates available to quickly give you a design that matches your business image. Templates are easily customised…
Content management systems were once notoriously deficient in search engine optimisation factors. This has changed slowly, and even today some CMS systems treat SEO as an afterthought rather than as a priority. The important elements that we ought to be able to exercise manual control over are;
- Search Engine Friendly URLs – outputting keyword-rich page file names
- Meta-tags – manually controlling page Titles, Descriptions and Keywords
- Page headings are manually controlled, output in H1,H2 and H3 HTML codes
- Navigation/menu titles, preferably independent of the page name/heading
- Image file names and Alt tags
Being able to achieve all of this gives us a huge boost in being able to accurately describe and categorise a page’s content, in order for a search engine to index and analyse it accurately.
A WordPress CMS is very capable of attaining top rankings for competitive keyword search phrases in any niche!
CMS in New Zealand
We build a lot of WordPress CMS for New Zealand, Aussie, USA, UK and S.E. Asian clients… Not only that, it’s our personal choice for our own business!
Let us give you a quote for your CMS website design & development, or makeover, based on a WordPress open-source content management system…
Page last Updated on 9th September 2023 by the author Ben Kemp